Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My first blog

May 10, 2006. In two months and 21 days I will be moving across the country to start my life as the wife of a law student. I am leaving my friends and family, a great job, a house I love, and a comfortable life for the dream of a better future. And I'll be taking my three children along on the adventure with me. The logistics of the move are huge: selling our house, enrolling the kids in school, finding affordable day care for the baby, finding a new apartment, finding me a new job. The details are staggering. I'm told the first year of law school is brutal. I've been warned that I will only see glimpses of my husband as he rushes off to the library, or returns home for a quick shower. I've been alerted to the fact that law school is rough on marriages. But we're strong. We're tight. And if we can survive this move, we can survive anything.

I'm not really the blogging type, but I'm hoping this will be a good way to stay connected to my former life, and understand the new one I'm being thrust into. Blog as cheap therapy? Perhaps. Blog as form letter you plug into? Definitely! Stay tuned for the exciting adventures of the Law School Widow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous EP said...

i don't know you at all and this is three years old (congrats to your husband!) but i'm about to embark on the same journey sans the three children. i'm also a lcsw and i also decided to blog about the whole experience; i just don't know where we're going yet. great minds, eh? i look forward to reading through your journey.

10/30/2009 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home